Recipe: Vegan Breakfast full of green vegetables
Starting my day with a healthy vegan breakfast is incredibly important to me. Lately this has been a firm favourite now that the temperature has dropped in Australia. I personally am a firm believer in trying to get in as much green vegetables in my diet throughout the day as possible. By having this kind of breakfast I feel full and energised ready to tackle my big day. Plus it tastes UNREAL! I think it is the smoked paprika that makes this vegan breakfast truly amazing. Once you convert over to vegetables for breakfast it is hard to go back. The tempeh and kidney beans provide you with ample protein too. You can substitute for meat, tofu or even add in some eggs if you are omnivore.
- 100g Tempeh
- Olive oil
- Kidney beans
- Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- The amount you use of each vegetable really depends on you and you can feel free to mix up and throw whatever is in the fridge.
- Chop onion and tempeh and in a saucepan add in olive oil.
- Add in the spices- to me this is the key to the ridiculous flavour. I am obsessed with smoked paprika and turmeric.
- Then add in the other “harder veg”, I like to coat them in the gorgeous spices then I add a little water and put a lid on top so the veggies steam.
- Then at the end I add in the tomatoes, kale and spinach.
- I really don’t cook the veggies for very long, to keep the flavour nice and strong.
That’s it guys, my absolute favourite veggie breakfast starter.
Do you ever have veggie’s for breakfast? Do you have any other ideas for vegan breakfast?
Does your breakfast change with the seasons?