Recipe: Turmeric Spiced Pumpkin Soup- Perfect Winter meal
As soon as the weather starts to get colder I start craving soups, stews and warming meals full of spices. I love being creative in the kitchen, the joys of cooking for one, if it doesn’t work meh it’s just me. One meal I really think I have nailed is this soup recipe and I thought would be a disservice not to share with you all. So I present to you this Turmeric spiced pumpkin soup. I use all organic ingredients and the quantities I use are to make a batch which I use for the week.
– 1 onion chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
– Grated fresh ginger
– Grated fresh turmeric or powdered Turmeric
– Salt & Pepper
– ½ Pumpkin chopped into cubes
– 2-3 Sweet Potato chopped into cu
– 2 x Cans 400ml coconut milk
– 1 Large Box of vegetable stock
– In a large pot sauté the onion and garlic with olive oil before stirring through the ginger and turmeric with salt and pepper.
– Once the onions have become translucent and the spices fragrant, add in chopped pumpkin and sweet potato. Stir through the spices, then add in the coconut milk and vegetable stock and cover and let simmer.
– Cook until when you put a knife through a piece of pumpkin it slides in with no resistance.
Then let the soup cool down a little before blitzing it with a hand mixer until it is a thick delicious soup.
The flavours in this soup are so strong and not only does it taste great but those spices mean it is great to ward off any nasty Winter bugs that seem to be going around. Winner, Winner in my books. I think I have made a batch of this soup maybe 4-5 weeks in a row… safe to say I am obsessed.
Do you have a favourite soup recipe?
Wishing you a warm Winter,